PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What I'm Loving on this Wednesday

Happy Wednesday to all of my beautiful readers.
I just want to say thank you to those of you who do read.
I really appreciate and love each and everyone of you.


 
Today I'm loving something that's very close to my heart.
I was walking across campus today and I got a balloon.
Which made me really happy because I love balloons.
But it also made me really happy because of the message it had on it.
Written on the balloon was:
 "Be confident. You're beautiful."

It reminded me that even when I don't take the time to get all made up, I'm still beautiful.

Then as I went to the bathroom and I looked at the door of the stall and there was a post-it note that said:
"Love your body. Love yourself. You're beautiful."
(I would have taken a picture with this sign too, but I wasn't about to go pose with the bathroom stall door. That would have been way too hard to explain.)

Seeing both of these things made me feel so good.
It was just the pick me up I needed since I was feeling really gross today because I was so tired I couldn't bring myself to get out of bed and shower and get ready this morning.
Instead I threw on a t-shirt and shorts, hiked my hair up in a ponytail, washed off the remnants of yesterdays make-up, and made my way to class.

This week has been uber stressful.
And looking pretty everyday just wasn't my top priority.
So getting a balloon that told me I was pretty and reading it while I was going to the bathroom just reminded me of a lesson that I love so much.

Makeup and cosmetics aren't what makes a girl gorgeous. It's who she is and how she carries herself.
Being a size 0 isn't what makes someone beautiful. It's their confidence.
Our society is so quick to write off those who don't look the way we want them to, but we shouldn't.
Everyone is beautiful and there is something to love about every person no matter who they are or what they've done.

So to all of my beautiful readers, I love you just the way you are.
I think each and every one of you is so gorgeous and doesn't need to change a thing about the way you look.
Have a great rest of the week ladies (and gents, if you read this too).
Don't forget how beautiful you really are.

No comments: