PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, February 24, 2012

Dear dance..

Dear dance,
I would be lying if I said I didn't miss you.
I miss competing.
I miss getting ready for competitions.
I miss the smell of hairspray and the itchiness of sequins.
I miss the body tape and the constricting tights.
I miss the turning.
I miss pushing my body to do new things.
I miss the feeling of a stretching muscle.
I miss being sore.
I miss having no social life because I spent every hour I could in a studio.
I miss the closeness you feel with the girls you dance with.
I miss being entertaining.
I miss winning first place.
I miss the blood, sweat, and tears it took to be the best. 
{and trust me when I say I've had my fair share of all three}
*
I would be lying if I said I don't miss flying through the air. 
I miss an empty room.
Just me and the music.
I miss the breath it gives my body.
I miss how alive it made me feel.
I've never felt more alive than in a class that makes me work and feel and sweat and really experience the movement.
+
I would be lying if I said I wasn't crying right now imagining those moments.
I miss this more than anything.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Pea, you should take a class at the met over spring break! Always follow your passion and do what you love.
I miss you!
Love Mom

Unknown said...

So why don't you return to dance? I'm a new follower so sorry if you've explained this before.

Ali-Cat said...

I used to be a dancer too and regret quitting my senior year (due to drama at the studio). I was never in competition or anything even though my parents wished I would. So I guess what I'm trying to say is I kinda understand where you're coming from and it stinks!