PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Life as of Now

Can we all just take a moment to agree that naps are 
seriously one of the greatest things ever?
Because I just woke up from a nap and let me tell you,
it was so enjoyable
My life lately has been nothing short of crazy.
And I love it.
Well, most of it. 
But I love having things to do every moment of every day.
However, it makes naps a much needed part of my life.

I recently started working as a nanny for the family across the street from me.
They have four children and any day now the fifth will be making its 
debut in the world.
They are the most precious children in the world.
Their mother is a Lebanese American and their father is simply American.
Meaning they are beautiful.
And their names.
Lawrence, Josephine, Genevieve, & Sebastian.
I die.
And on top of being adorable, they are seriously so well behaved.
I've never met a better bunch.
They also are learning piano, Arabic, & a tiny bit of French on top of being
enrolled in American schools where they learn English, Math, Science, and History.

Basically they're amazing. 
And their mother is an angel.
Handling four children under age 7 while being pregnant.
I have no idea how she manages it. 

I've learned a lot from them and I've only spent a few days working for them.
I think this summer will be crazy managing 5 kids, but I also think it will
be a really cool experience. 
I think there's something so beautiful about the way children see the world.
They haven't experienced the hatred and cruelty that exists.
And to them everything is a new adventure. 
And things as simple as worms can make their whole day. 
They have a lot to teach us if we let them.
I hope that maybe I can learn as much from them as they can learn from me.

No comments: