PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Empire State of Mind

I'm back from the big city and back to real life.
And I'm a little bittersweet about it. 
First of all, it feels like I never left.
While I was there, I felt like the week was going slowly.
It was nice considering that we were doing so much.
We saw all the big stuff, the empire state building, lincoln center, radio city hall,
columbus circle, central park, the works you know.
It was overall a fabulous week.
We did so much shopping and sight seeing.
By the end of the week, I was confident enough to navigate myself and 
walk a few blocks alone to get a pastry from a little french bakery.
I felt like a true New Yorker.
But I'm going to be real with you.
This Texas girl can not handle the big city.
I was overwhelmed by how big it was.
It was a great place to visit, but it is not a place I ever see myself living.
It's a place filled with people all crammed together.
And that's just not my style.
I can't wait to go back and get another taste of the big apple, but for now,
I've got my fix and I'm happy with where I'm at. 



 
Photobucket

1 comment:

Sara said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed New York! I can't wait to go back again myself. I actually do want to live there in the future! I think it's because I live in the quietness of the middle of nowhere and I really enjoyed all the action and noise. :)