PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, July 22, 2011

The end of an era

It's confesssion time. I have been holding back a secret and it's time that all of you lovelies get to be let in on it...

I am Harry Potter addict.


 I have been since age 7. It was in second grade that I got my tiny hands on the first book of the series. This book took me a while to read, but being naturally competitive I wanted to finish it before all my friends so I trudged through it. After the completion of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, I was hooked for life. On my 11th birthday, when an owl did not arrive at my house informing me that I was, in fact, a wizard, I was slightly seriously crushed. Since then I have read every book at least 4 times. I watch the movie marathons on ABC Family. I went to all the midnight book releases and a few of the midnight movie premieres. I went so far as to try and create my own HP fan page. I once even halted my family vaction in Wyoming to get my hands on a newly released book. I made my parents drive me all over creation to find a book store with a copy in stock. Needless to say, they were not happy with me. But I eventually found my copy and spent the rest of the vacation huddled up with Harry. (We're talking SERIOUS Harry Potter problem here people)

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a huge dork, but I am so proud of it. Tonight, I saw the last Harry Potter movie. It was a night full of tears for me. The movie itself made me cry twice. However, the thing that really had me tearing up was the realization that this is the end of my childhood. In 5 short days, I will be 18. Not only is Harry over forever, my days of being sheltered by my parents are over too. I was bawling on the way home. It got a little ridiculous. I'm fine now, only feeling slightly embarassed by my breakdown over Harry Potter.

I guess that's it for now. Here's to the end of this bloggers childhood and the beginning of her great future. (In case your worried, Harry will never be over for me. I got all the books and DVD's. There's no stoppin' this addiction (; ) 

No comments: