PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Things I'm Thankful For

Hi friends. I hope things are going as well for all of you as they are for me.
Today was an excellent day. Nothing extraordinary happened, but it was such a great day.
I am happy, carefree, and loving God right now.  

Here's something you don't know about me! I'm a junky for anything and everything that has to do with writing (i.e. pens, paper, journals, day planners, and sharpies.) Almost everynight before I go to sleep, I write in my little green moleskin notebook. I bought it on a whim one day at target, not knowing how much I would come to depend on it. I've never been one to keep a journal/diary. It just wasn't my thing. But this little green notebook has changed me. I know that's a silly thing to say, but it has! I write down everything in this book. It's full of to do lists, goals, and daily thoughts. I don't think I could function without it. Anyways, I almost always write a list of things that I am thankful for in it to put a positive note on the end of my day. I thought I would share last night's list of things with you. 

1. Birthdays: My birthday is Wednesday and today I recieved some gifts in the mail. One was a very pretty necklace from my aunt and uncle. The other was by far the best birthday gift I've ever gotten. When I opened the box, I was initially very confused. It was a box full of random odds and ends. And I do mean random..
Here's a peak:


 It has lego people, a bamboo squirt gun, bandaids, plates, a pirate suit, a wallet with a pickpocket warning on it, and many other items. I had no idea where this came from until I looked at the shipping information and saw this note:



This made me laugh so hard I was crying. I have the best friends in the world. It's not so much the gift itself that made it awesome, but the thought behind it.

This leads me to the next thing I'm thankful today

2. The awesome people in my life: Tansy (the awesome chick who sent the random box) and Keegan are by far my absolute best friends. They keep me sane and I love them to death. I definitely wouldn't be where I'm at today if it wasn't for them!

3. My hair cut: I know I've been going on and on about this hair cut and you're all probably so tired of reading about it, but I really am thankful I did it. Ever since I cut my hair, I've felt so much better than I have in a long time. It helped me let go of a lot of icky stuff I was holding on to and allowed me to feel much happier. That is something to be truly thankful for. I am my own person again. Yay me.

4. A day full of laughter: It's been a long time since I've had a day like the one I had today and I'm so grateful for it. It was productive and fun all wrapped up into one. Basically, it was marvelous.

I've got a great life and lots to be thankful for. Hope I didn't bore ya to death. Nighty night all!

1 comment:

Tansy Stobart said...

Love you belated birthday girl <3