PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Look who's back

Hello hello! This Red Raider is back from Lubbock and boy did she miss blogging. (It's only been a little over a week and I'm already hooked.)


Check it out! I'm official (:
The drive was long and the orientation was overwhelming. But let me tell you, I could not be more pumped about getting up to the LBK. I thought I'd share with you one of the things that we passed on our drive.


Gotta love Texas, right?
My mom made me pull over so she could take this picture. I'm glad she did though because now I can share the laughs with y'all. Upon returning from west Texas, I have a very, very long to do list. I haven't even started school yet and I already have two tests to study for. This college thing is work people. One of them is just an alcohol education seminar/test thing I am required to take. The other, however, is very daunting. It's the grammar, spelling, and punctuation test. Ahh. I don't want to take it. I'm already worried about it and I can't even take it for three weeks at the least. It basically is considered almost as important as my GPA. Oh, I'm majoring in Journalism in case I forgot to mention that. I'm very excited about it.

Registering for classes was kind of a nightmare but it eventually all worked out with minimal breakdowns on my part. I got the schedule I wanted. All morning classes with the exception of a history discussion on monday afternoons and a freshman seminar on tuesday afternoons. I am very excited to start school. I know thats super nerdy, but what can I say? I'm a big dork at heart.

I'm also very excited to get involved on campus. I plan on going through Rush and being in a sorority and I also want to get involved with the Catholic ministry on campus. I am also considering trying to be on the activities board. They are the people who plan all the fun, free stuff around campus. It seems fun, although I would have to go through recruitment for it and it would probably take up a lot of my time.

On another note, my 15 year old brother just informed me that I am at the age that I will begin to lose my hearing.. I was unaware that 18 is the new elderly. Thanks Conor for aging me about 40 years. Its so kind of you.
Bye friends! Thanks for reading.  

3 comments:

Tansy Stobart said...

misss you.

Janice Wong said...

yay!! i'm glad orientation went well for you :) and conor is hilarious haha

Kaitlin Jean said...

Ooh how fun! I remember my orientation like it was yesterday! You are in such an exciting time in your life and just remember to embrace every single bit of it! A lot will happen and you will change a lot in the next year! I known did my freshman year! It's all for the better too! I'm glad you had such a good time! It will be time for school before you know it!