PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, August 26, 2011

A Little Bit of Wisdom

Well, hey there!
This week I've learned some life lessons.
Ya know the ones everyone tells you, but you ignore them until they hit you in the face?
Yeah, it's one of those.

So pretend I'm a cute little old man sitting on a bench in a park instead of an 18 year old.

You got your mental image..?

Ok. Here we go:

1. Things will not always go your way

Ok, this is one that I've known almost my entire life because basically anything I've ever tried out for I've haven't gotten.
 I rarely win anything.
(I did win a dollar once on a scratch off but I really didn't win because I had to spend a dollar to get the scratch off)
I don't have the best luck.
In fact, my luck is pretty much nonexsistent.

2. Everything happens for a reason

This is one that I'm sure you've heard at least 8 times in the past few months.
It's so true though.
At first, it may be hard to see the good in things but there is always a little bit of it.
Just keep your head up and keep smiling.
At least that's what I do.

3. Be Positive

There are so many days when all the bad things are so much easier to see than the good ones.
But when you're feeling down look for the benefits of your life.
They can be small things like your favorite candy or big things like the people who you're surrounded by. It doesn't matter but just remember the things that make you smile and you are bound to cheer up.

4. Don't be afraid to take chances

This is one that I've struggled with.
As I said, things don't tend to go my way.
So taking chances scares me.
I'm afraid of being told no again.
It's hard but I have to remind myself that if you don't ever take the chance you'll never know what it could have been.
So just get out there and go for what you want.
The worst thing that can happen is being told no.
And when that does happens just keep on trying.
If it's something you really are passionate about then don't take no for an answer.

5. You'll end up where you're supposed to eventually

Throughout your journey, you are going to end up on paths you never imagined for yourself but they are part of God's plan.
You're going to look back later and realize how all those unexpected twists combined to make your life even better than you ever thought it would be.
When times get tough or you're not where you thought you'd be just wait and see what's coming because it's bound to better than what you originally imagined.

So just remember that though things will not always go your way, everything happens for a reason so be positive and don't stop taking chances because you'll end up where you're supposed to eventually.

See what I did there :)
Ok, I'm off my park bench and back to being a teenager.
And now, I have some exciting news.
I am one of the newest pledges to Alpha Delta Pi.

Word.



2 comments:

jaimie michelle said...

All of those are such great pieces of advice! And so important to remember, especially going through college!

Congrats on ADPi! I was in a sorority in college and it was one of the best decisions I ever made!

Have so much fun!

Jaimie
www.jaimiehart.blogspot.com

Tansy Stobart said...

I'm so proud of you! And I miss you like crazy. I hope you're doing well. It seems youre loving it and I'm so happy you are! I love you sweetie <3