PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, February 19, 2012

"Dear God, Make Me A Bird"

Forrest Gump taught me a lot of things.
But my favorite scene in the movie was when Jenny and Forrest pray to be birds.
Then I was reading blogs (no surprise there) and I found this bible verse posted.

"...i tell you -
do not worry about your life;
what you will eat or drink or about your body, what you will wear.
look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns,
yet your heavenly father feeds them.
are you not much more valuable than they?
can any of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?"
-matthew 6:25-27

.

Lately, there's been so much worry on my heart.
So much pain and confusion.
This worry certainly isn't adding hours from my life.
In fact, it's making me miss valuable moments with the people I love most. 
But in the past two days, God has answered some prayers.
And I feel good.
I'm praying now that my worries disappear and I can go back to enjoying every moment without fears. 

Here's to being a bird.
And spreading my wings without the fear of falling down.
To flying further than I thought I could.
And to making it through some storms.


I think I'd like to be a bird. 

2 comments:

Heather said...

Love it. All of it. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

oh what a great heartfelt post.
I too have been doing so much self reflecting and asking God to help me in all areas of life.

Much much love,
Kelly.
www.labellecoeurblog.blogspot.com