PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Dancing into Spring

Happy March 1st everyone!
I think March may be one of my favorite months. 
And not just because the page is so cute in my Lilly Pulitzer Planner.
Mostly because it starts to warm up a little bit.
Spring clothes start to become acceptable even though I've been wearing 'em for the past two weeks.
And there's spring break in a week.
And I get to go home for the first time this semester.
There's lots of exciting things in the month of March. 

But I do have some very exciting news! 
So a few days ago I wrote this post about dance.
And I really was realizing how much I missed it. 
So I started praying for a way to dance again.

Well, God delivered.
Boy, oh, boy did He answer this one big.
A new dance company started on campus called the Vitality Dance Company.
I missed their initial auditions, but a good friend of mine told me they'd let me audition at their first practice.
And I made it.

They practice once a week and some times on Saturdays.
It's not a huge time commitment and it doesn't take up too much of my schedule. 
Basically it was everything I was looking for.
And we get to perform in a dance concert March 31st.
(I told you it was a big month!) 

And the song we are performing to is a cover of one of my favorites.
"Skinny Love" by Bon Iver.
Although this version is by a 15 year old British girl. 

I am so thankful right now.
Even though I'm incredibly sore.
It's a feeling I've missed.
Until tomorrow loves.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

congrats!!! Im sure it will be ahhhmazing to preform again!

Tansy said...

Hey you,
I miss you and love you and I hope everything is okay up in the LBB. From what I can read you're doing well! I can't wait for spring break when I get to see you because this distance has pulled us apart. Sorry I've been so damn busy. You mean the world to me best friend and I hope you know that! Keep smiling and making me smile please [:
BFF,
Tans