PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, June 11, 2012

Sometimes I think about Marilyn..

Disclaimer: This post is about to be about a million things all at once.
Welcome to my brain.
Also, its probably going to be really long.
A cupcake to the person who reads it all the way through.
{As long as you make it yourself, if I'm making cupcakes, I'm eating them}

And we're off: 

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius & it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" 
~Marilyn Monroe


The other day I watched that movie "My Week With Marilyn"
I found the movie interesting, but I got way distracted towards the end.
So I really have no idea what it was about. 
Anyways, every time I think of Marilyn Monroe that quote pops in my head.
And I've heard a bajillion times, as I'm sure all of you have,
 but today I actually thought about what it meant. 

Imperfection is beauty.

I like this.
I mean, Lord knows I'm far from perfect.
I wouldn't ever want to be perfect.
I like my flaws.
I think they are a huge part of who I am.
Sometimes they frustrate me and those around me,
but without my flaws,
 the good stuff wouldn't mean anything.

Madness is genius.

My brain is filled with all sorts of crazy things.
And I mean, REALLY crazy.
However, usually the craziness contains itself.
God, sure gave me a weird brain, 
but he also had the good sense to give me a real good filter.
So I'm not sure this part really applies to my life.
But if I'm breaking it down, why not analyze all of it?
Ya feel me?! 

It's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring

This one is definitely something I've realized in the past year. 
Someone close to me used to joke that I was so boring
because I never had any fun ideas of what to do. 
And while they were jokes, I took it to heart.

It made me want to be more exciting and more fun.
The way I act around my house when no one but my mom is here with me. 
And so I did.
I started letting people see who I really was.
And, you know what?

People still like me even though I am a freak
Plus, I'm way happier knowing that I am not holding any part of me back.
Even the parts that sometimes I maybe should. 

I'd rather be a complete goof and have people think I'm weird,
than be quiet and have people think I'm weird, anyways.

To the person who liked to joke about how boring I was,
those words hurt. A lot.
But they made me a stronger, better version of myself.
So thanks for being an ass.
It's much appreciated.

And now, we're on to the next thought in my head.


My mother.
She's stunning
Even when she is sick.
Especially when she poses for me while I take 300 + pictures of her
while she is sick.
{She's pretty much a rockstar}


Seriously, she's my favorite person on the planet I think.
Without her, I would've turned out no where near the person I am today.
She's taught me how to be a lady with class.
But she also taught me how to stand up for myself and my beliefs.


I love her to death.
And she gets bonus points for being hilarious.
Oh and for dancing around the house with me.
She's pretty great. 


PS. The results of our impromptu photo shoot came out pretty great didn't they?

And now I'm gonna call it quits because I'm pretty sure 
you've all stopped reading.
And because my thoughts are getting too jumbled for me to write 'em all down.
It's been a great chat, lets do it again soon. 

No comments: