PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Me, Myself, & I

Today we're trying something new people.
I love trying new things and this is something  I've been wanting to do 
the last few months, but my timing is always terrible.
So here we go: 
This months Me, Myself and I



1) When you're feeling down, what do you do to pick yourself up?

This is really bad for the environment so Earth please don't hate me,
 but it's honestly one of the few things that can cheer me up. 
 I get in my truck,
 I roll the windows down (granted it's not raining or a billion degrees),
 I play my favorite music as loud as I can and I drive.
I drive for as long as it takes until I can smile.
I drive sometimes too fast or sometimes too slow.
It all depends on what is upsetting me at that moment.
 I especially like driving until I get lost.
Finding my way home takes my mind off of whatever it is that is stressing me out.
When I can't drive, I generally try and focus on something that is happy or funny
until I can't remember why I was feeling upset in the first place.

2)  If you had to live in a different time period which would you prefer?

The 1920s, I think.
I have a real love for the Great Gatsby and
sometimes I like to dream about what my life would be like if I were Daisy.
Although I wouldn't be too fond of that whole market crash in '29 thing.
If it couldn't be the 20s I think I would like to live in the 50s.
Things seemed simpler then than they are now and I like that.
As much as I try, I can't seem to keep my life simple, but it seems like
things were easier then and I think I'd like to be a part of that.

3)  What is the most creative Halloween costume you've ever worn?

This is a hard one..
I was pretty standard things as kid.
Ya know, a witch, a pumpkin, etc.
I honestly don't know what my most creative costume was.

4)  Five weird things about you we wouldn't know without being told?

1. I can't do the number three on my right hand.
It's really weird. I can do all the other numbers
but when I try and make a three my hand turns into
a dinoraptor claw.

2. I like to buy cookie dough to eat rather than to make cookies.
I find it's way more fun to do it that way.
In fact, I have some in the fridge that is calling my name.

3. I get really excited about getting emails.
I really love when I have more than 15 in my inbox at a time.
It makes me super happy to see the numbers pop up even if it is all junk mail.

4. I love typing.
I used to play typing games for fun because I liked to beat my score.
I also try and type as fast as I can all the time.
I don't like to type slowly and it makes me cringe when people can't type correctly.
When I was a kid, I dreamed of being a secretary.
I think it stemmed from my love of typing and my 
strange infatuation with school and office supplies.

5.  I have a slight fear of feet.
However, it's gotten much better lately.
I don't get squirmy looking at them.
I only get squirmy when the get near me.
I also only have real problems with select peoples feet.

5)  What would you tell your 16-year-old self?

The next three years are going to be harder than you know.
But don't worry, there's a ton of good that's mixed in with the bad.
Remember to tell everyone who means something to you that they matter
and that you wouldn't be the same without them in your life.
Don't let the world get you down.
Keep the smile that you constantly have now because soon there will
be days you don't know that you have it.
Don't ever base your thoughts of yourself on the opinion of someone who doesn't matter.
No matter what, don't forget to be kind.
Remember that everyone you meet has a different story
and that they may be fighting battles you can't even imagine.
Have heart and be strong. You can make it through.
And I promise that we turn out pretty good after all of it.

Photobucket

No comments: